Free and Fun Ways to Improve Your Fitness
June 22, 2021
1. Work out outdoors! Changing up your scenery once in a while can be really important to your mental health! Switch up your routine by taking a scenic walk or jog!
2. Try something new! If you’re used to regular cardio and neglect strength training, try to switch up your workouts. You can easily find free strength training workouts that can be done on the floor with a yoga mat!
3. Listen to something productive! Instead of mindlessly listening to music you’ve heard hundreds of times, try listening to either a podcast or audiobook through your headphones! These will keep your brain active in addition to your body!
4. Push yourself! Every once in a while, it is good to shock your muscles during your workouts! You can do this by pushing yourself to your limit with each exercise! A helpful way to do this is to use a weight that you can do 12 repetitions of! Your muscles should be aching by the 12th rep, if not, it's time to increase the weight!
5. Buy new workout gear! Sometimes we can get stuck in our day-to-day routines. You can switch it up and create some excitement to workout by purchasing new workout clothing which makes you feel confident and awesome!